The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a Catholic outreach organization of St. Francis Xavier and St. Therese Catholic Churches. We are an equal opportunity provider whose primary mission is to provide fresh food and financial assistance to needy families.
SVDP is located at 2073 Lafayette Street in Downtown Fort Myers at the intersection of Lafayette Street and Grand Avenue.
Food Pantry Operations
Our Food Pantry is open on every Friday from 9:00 AM until 11:00 AM. We need new volunteers in the following areas:
- Food pick up at Harry Chapin, dock time 7:30 AM, need trailers and pickup trucks.
- Unloading to staging areas at SVDP 8:00 AM.
- Food distribution 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Fill in forms 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Traffic control 8:00 – 11:30 AM.
- Pantry cleaning, sweep, vacuum, wipe shelves, 11:30 AM on Fridays.
- Packing food bags – Sunday 8:30 – 10:00 AM.
Our offices are open every Thursday from 9:00 – 11:00 AM. Clients residing in our parish boundaries complete the client information form and identify their financial needs. After intake, clients are assigned to an office case worker to determine the assistance SVDP can provided.
- Client arrive control – Thursday 8:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Intake review 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Case worker aid determination – Thursday 9:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Ordering of client forms
- Fundraising, grants
- Maintaining cleaning supplies
- Organizing file cabinets and client information brochures
- Microsoft access support, backup and maintenance
- Clean wood floor, apply new oil, and buff every four months
Just Regular Folks
Volunteers do not have to be experts or saints – just regular folks willing to volunteer their time and respond to the Lord through the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
This is a wonderful way to learn to serve those in whom we see the face of Christ and to get to know others in the parish.
The burden of Charity
“It is for your love alone that the poor will forgive you the bread that you give them.” St. Vincent de Paul.
For more information please contact
- Bag Packing – Bernie Fettkether – [email protected], 599-8933
- Food Distribution – Rick Luke – [email protected], 313-670-8183
- Food Pickup – John Pelusi – [email protected], 278-0791
- Client Assistance – Betty Hopkins – [email protected], 567-3077
- Pantry Cleaning – Walter Willigan – [email protected], 410-8148
- Information – [email protected]
Vincent De Paul Offerings
The St. Vincent de Paul Society looks to us for financial support so that they in turn may reach out to the poor and needy in our name. THANK YOU to all who make regular contributions through St. Therese Parish. Envelopes in which to make an offering are found at the main entrance of the church. If you have not made an offering for some time, please consider an offering at this time. Please take an envelope at the main entrance and reach out in care for those in need. Your gift may be placed into the Sunday offering or mailed/dropped off at the parish office. THANK YOU for your continued support.